Friday, August 13, 2010

First Meeting of a New Year

Today marked our first meeting for 2010-2011. The steering team provided the food today, and can I just say I'm still thinking about that chocolate bread pudding! You know it's good when you're tempted to just stand near and inhale deeply! Oh my, the spread was delightful. It was nice to meet new moms, catch up with mom friends, and hear from Angel's mom, Mrs. Esther, who shared her various insights on mothering. Here's some things I took away from her wisdom:
- Be willing to learn from others
- Avoid the temptation to compare yourself to other moms
- Learn to be flexible

Of course, there were many more wonderful nuggets of truth, but oh, how our daily lives would have less stress if we could simply embrace these three. I'm grateful to Mrs. Esther who took time during her vacation here to share with our group.

Our next meeting is August 27. We will meet at the church and then participate in a scavenger hunt. I must warn you now, I take competition seriously. I will try and chill.

Our group is growing -- 2 babies on the way this winter. What a blessing. Help us grow more by inviting other moms to join us. You never know when an invite might end up being life-changing for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment